Makes 7 Cups
1 egg white
1 teaspoon water
5 cups walnut halves or pieces
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
1. Beat together egg white and water in a large bowl with a fork.
2. Add walnuts; toss to coat.
3. In a small bowl combine sugar, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, and allspice.
4. Sprinkle sugar mixture over walnuts and toss to coat.
5. Spread nuts in a greased 15x10x1 inch baking pan.
6. Bake, uncovered, in a 325 oven for 20 minutes.
7. Transfer to waxed paper to cool.
8. Break into clumps.