Serves 6-8 people
2 cups sifted flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1-1/2 cups kiwifruit, drained and chopped
3/4 cups walnuts, chopped egg, beaten
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Sift flour with sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a large bowl.
2. Add kiwifruit and walnuts, and mix well.
3. Add egg, butter and vanilla.
4. Stir until just blended.
5. Pour mixture into a greased and floured 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan.
6. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for one hour or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the centre of the loaf comes out clean.
7. Let the bread cool in the pan five minutes, then place it on a rack to complete cooling.
8. Serve in thin slices spread with softened cream cheese.