1 kg medium eggplants
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup walnuts, shelled
1 tablespoon vinegar
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh celery, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
2-3 cloves garlic
1 teaspoon each ground red hot pepper, marigold, seeds of coriander, fenugreek
1/2 cup water
1. Cut the eggplants in two lengthwise, salt them and an hour later wash and squeeze them out well.
2. Heat vegetable oil in a skillet and fry the eggplants on both sides until browned.
3. Grind the walnuts with the garlic.
4. Stir in the spices and the chopped herbs, vinegar and salt.
5. Pour cold boiled water little by little into walnut mixture until it is sour cream thick.
6. Spread each half of the eggplants with the walnut mixture and fold them in two.