200g (1 cup) cracked or wholegrain farro (see note)
2 cloves garlic, sliced lengthwise
125ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
1/4 (250g) cauliflower, cut into small florets
1 green apple, cored, cut into small cubes
150g (1 1/2 cups) walnuts, roasted, roughly chopped
1/3 cup roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley
1 lemon, juiced
3 witlof, trimmed, leaves separated
150g gorgonzola dolce, (see note) cut into small cubes
1. Cook farro in a saucepan of boiling salted water for 15 minutes for cracked farro (35 minutes for wholegrain farro) or until tender. Drain, rinse under cold running water, then drain again. Transfer to a large bowl.
2. Meanwhile, place garlic and 60ml (1/4 cup) oil in a saucepan and stir over medium heat for 2 minutes or until garlic is golden, then strain through a fine sieve over a bowl. Reserve garlic.
3. Return garlic oil to pan and heat over medium heat. Add cauliflower and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until browned. Remove with a slotted spoon. Drain on a paper towel, then add cauliflower to farro with apple, walnuts and parsley.
4. Whisk lemon juice and remaining 60ml (1/4 cup) oil in a small bowl, then season with salt and pepper. Add dressing to salad and toss gently to combine.
5. Place a witlof leaf in each bowl, then fill with farro salad. Continue filling and stacking leaves, scattering with gorgonzola and fried garlic in between each layer to serve.