250g butter, softened
300g brown sugar
250g dark chocolate, melted
80g plain flour half teaspoon baking power
65g cocoa powder, plus extra for dusting
Pinch of pouring salt
100g walnuts toasted and chopped
1. Grease and line a 23cm square tin with baking paper.
2. Preheat oven to 170C fan-forced (190C conventional).
3. Combine butter and sugar in a food processor and process for about 3 minutes or until mixture is pale and fluffy.
4. Fold eggs into butter mixture, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Fold melted chocolate into butter mixture.
5. Sift together flour, baking powder, cocoa and salt.
6. Fold dry mixture and chopped nuts into butter mixture.
7. Pour mixture into tine and bake for 30-35 minutes (a cake skewer inserted into the centre won¹t come out clean, but brownies will set on cooling).
8. Cool in tin, dust with extra cocoa, then cut into squares. Makes 16.
9. Store these rich brownies in an airtight container for up to one week.
From Karen Martini in Sunday Age.