Extra virgin olive oil
500g brocolli florrets
1 clove garlic
Black olive tepanade
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
50g fresh walnuts
1. Brush 8 thick slices of sourdough bread with about 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil and toast on both sides.
2. Steam 500g broccoli florets over a pan of simmering water for 6-8 minutes or until tender.
3. Drain and reserve 2 tbsp cooking water.
4. Heat 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil in a small frying pan and cook 1 clove garlic (finely chopped) over low heat until golden.
5. Add 2 tbsp black olive tapenade and 1 tbsp vincotto (or balsamic vinegar) and whisk until combined.
6. Place broccoli, cooking water, vincotto mixture and 50g walnuts (toasted and chopped) in a large bowl.
7. Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine.
8. Spread toast with 200g fresh goats’ curd and top with broccoli mixture.